Páginas

10 agosto 2019

After the hurricane...

Hello:

As you can see if you go back the entries on my blog, the last one before the one posted yesterday, was from October 2017. If you ready that entry which was for a blog hop, I wrote about hurricane María. So I wanted to update you on what happened after... At the moment of that entry I was staying in my parents house. We had no electricity still. Electric service was reactivated in my condo, which is about 20 min from my mom's house, late October. I was able to go back home and try to get back to normal. My son's school had already opened so I wanted to be home as soon as possible. With the lack of electricity, traffic from my parent's house to my son's school was horrible. I spent 2 hours each way to get him to school for what would usually take approximate 20 minutes. My parents home got electricity I think 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. After that, there were many, many blackouts. It's been a while since we have a blackout for longer than 15 minutes. Still... it gets me anxious. I have flashlights in different areas of the apartment.

I haven't been posting since then. Why? The first half of 2018, I was trying to adjust to the new normal here. Did you know that in some areas, they got electric service a year after the hurricane landfall? Sadly, very true. Then, thank God, work. We spent like a month or a bit more without income. We were prepared. Others, not. But after a few months, the real estate area, went back to "normal" and since then I've been working A LOT! I have made some cards and ATCs, but mostly got many orders for custom Tshirts so I had $ for extra crafting supplies :D

Anyway.. with the lack of posting explained. Promise I'll do my best to post more often... Meanwhile, be sure to visit each day next week as I'll be featured in Growing in Unity from Unity Stamp Co.

See you Monday!



2 comments:

Scrapper Myra dijo...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Probando probando. Comentario.

sharon g dijo...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That sounds just horrible. I'm glad that you are mostly back to normal now. I have never been through anything like that--it sounds like a movie...